MmmMMmmmmm! Tasty, tasty balls. Super quick, chocolatey protein snack balls.
A mush-up of various recipes I’ve seen in the various nooks and crannies of the Internet, this is the recipe I used:
Protein Snack Balls
Makes 25, at approx 70 calories each
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup protein powder (I used double choc flavour)
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate buttons
- Mix the honey, peanut butter, chocolate chips and almond milk together – zapping in microwave for about 20-30 seconds to melt the chocolate chips (be careful not to burn anything).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, mixing to combine.
- Once combined, with an even spread of ingredients, roll mixture together in balls. Refrigerate to harden before eating.
It’s that easy!
If you’re after something a little more substantial, they make up well as bars, too – just press into a lined slice pan, and cut once it’s had time to harden in the fridge. Just make sure you adjust your calories calculation accordingly.
Tasty, tasty, tasty!