I’m writing this now, ten years in the future, for your birthday. Fifteen’s a big deal for you, I know. Just wait ’til you get to sixteen!
With now being closer to thirty than twenty, I feel like it’s time to give you a bit of a heads-up on things.
Ten years from now you’ll be a little wiser. Older, yes, but don’t underestimate the benefits of wisdom. So, to help you on your way, I offer you a couple of nuggets that would’ve been good to know earlier;
- Only shave what you’re prepared to scratch in public.
- You don’t like being in photos. Now that your braces are off, try getting into more shots. You’ll regret not having any good one when it comes time to start looking back.
- Any money spent on travel is money well spent. Travel, not bleach, gets the best post break-up returns.
- Do not bleach your hair, for any reason. It will turn nasty.
- Exercise is a friend, not the enemy. Just try a bunch of stuff until you find something that you like.
- Empire waist-lines are not a good choice with your hips. Sorry.
Of course, study hard. Be consistent.
And try not to get tooooooo drunk in high school. Those brain cells are useful, y’know.
That being said, there’s no substitute for experience so if you want to try these things, do it anyway. What’s the worst that can happen?
Live it up now.
You’ll be old one day.